Trauma Aware Yoga With Michelle
What is Trauma Aware Yoga? (Click To Open For Full Details)
Trauma Aware Yoga is a modified style of a physical yoga practice. The aim is on learning how to slow down & experience the present moment. This is invited by practicing a mindful awareness of your physical body & breath, using gentle yoga exercises, stretches & movement.
Trauma Aware yoga classes with Michelle provide an opportunity for you to mindfully connect to your body & breath. Rather than expecting you to perform any ‘ideal’ shapes & poses, the emphasis is always on gently exploring your unique, personal physical experience in your own time, by your own choice. This also means Michelle will not attempt any uninvited physical assistance – so your yoga mat always remains your personal space. This is to support your sense of choice in exploring your own practice as you need to.
Trauma Aware yoga classes should not be considered a therapeutic intervention for treating trauma or stress related issues – nor should they attempt to replace any form of professional assistance or therapy for you. They are simply designed to create a supportive, understanding environment for quiet time for yourself – in a way that supports you to experience the physical practice of yoga, mindfulness & relaxation. This is not group discussion or therapy where you are expected to share any personal aspects of trauma or stress related issues with anyone. In fact, trauma & stressful events are never mentioned in class at all.
Trauma Aware yoga classes provide the opportunity to experience:
- An understanding environment, where you are completely in control of your participation
- Quiet time out options should you feel you need it at any time
This gives you the opportunity to:
- Practice learning to be present
- Practice making choices & actions that assist you out of discomfort
- Practice mindful awareness of breathing to assist focus & relaxation
- Practice sensing your muscles & how you move to learn what assists your body best
Each 75 minute class typically includes the same format:
- Mindful breathing practices to invite your awareness into the present moment
- Options for slow stretching & movement to encourage relaxation & gently support strength
- Options for guided body & muscle relaxation processes
Classes are kept smaller with no more than 8 participants’ maximum. No yoga experience is required at all. There is no expectation for any level of fitness, as gentle, accessible options are offered for everyone.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Wear modest, comfortable clothing you feel you can stretch & move in. You are invited to remove shoes & socks if you like. A large towel can be useful for extra support.
- All yoga mats are provided, or you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
Location: Gold Coast Hinterland Nerang. Breeze Pilates and Yoga Boutique Studio.
Location and Parking Details Available on Booking.
Max 8 Students Per Course.
Duration: 4 week Course
Times & Dates: See Below
Mondays 10.30am to 11.45am – Feb 19th, 26th & March 5th & 12th
Please Call Michelle Faraday For Further Information 0405643692
Our timetable is live, please wait 30 seconds for loading. Thank you