Find freedom and ease in movement once again, with yoga and Pilates!
Our bodies often age at a different rate to our minds, which can leave us feeling frustrated – things we once did without a second thought take on a whole new level of difficulty. Sound familiar?
Although we can’t take your body back in time, we can introduce you to the myriad benefits of these time-tested practices…
- A stronger body – muscles weaken over time, but you can slow down that natural process with yoga and Pilates exercises, meaning you’ll stay stronger for longer!
- Greater stability – regular movement keeps vulnerable joints both strong and mobile, making you less prone to injury in the event of a mishap
- Less back pain – yoga and Pilates are well-known for increasing core strength (the muscles around the front and back of your body), which gives protection to the spine
- Less worrying, more peace – whether it’s your own health, the loss of a loved one, or distant family and friends on your mind, yoga and Pilates can bring about a welcome sense of peace
- Strong immunity – a calm mind and a healthy body mean you’re much less prone to developing additional health issues, like colds and flu
- Increased energy – okay, you won’t be climbing trees or going surfing any time soon, but yoga and Pilates will make you feel refreshed and more energetic
- A soaring spirit! – one of the best ways to stay healthy is to stay happy, and that’s exactly how you’ll feel in our supportive environment, amongst positive people
Of course, as with most things, the longer you do it, the greater the effects. Pilates and yoga are no different in this respect – and that’s why we recommend a course of classes which is tailored to suit the needs of elderly people in particular.
Over the course of two months, you’ll be taught breathing techniques to help you relax, as well as the safest ways of moving into and out of postures – using chairs, where appropriate. We’ll also explore elements of Yogic philosophy as we go along.
We offer classes for Seniors in the privacy of the home, over 50’s villages, retirement villages, clubs, local parks and low care nursing facilities offering a mobile service where we come to you at no extra cost. We cover the whole Gold Coast Bringing Our Classes To Your Community.