Here at Breeze Pilates & Yoga we offer Red Light Therapy. We have a fantastic EMR Red Light Therapy Device with 3 wave lengths offering a broad range of healing benefits.
THIS PAGE IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY – PLEASE SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE FROM YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING ANY DEVICES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AT BREEZE PILATES & YOGA.
What is Red Light Therapy?
Red light therapy, also known as Low Level Laser Therapy and Photobiomodulation, is a therapeutic technique that uses red and near infrared wavelengths of light to treat skin issues, such as wrinkles, scars, and persistent wounds, as well as other conditions such as joint, tendon and muscle pain and several others.
How does red light therapy work?
Red light produces a biochemical effect in cells that strengthens the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell — it’s where the cell’s energy is created. The energy-carrying molecule found in the cells of all living things is called ATP (adenosine triphosphate).
By increasing the function of the mitochondria using red light therapy, a cell can make more ATP. With more energy, cells can function more efficiently, rejuvenate themselves, and repair damage. For more on improving Mitochondria check out: Mitochondrial Health
How is red light therapy used?
Ever since the initial experiments in space, there have been hundreds of clinical studies and thousands of laboratory studies conducted to determine what other medical benefits could come from red light therapy.
What are the Benefits of Red Light Therapy?
At the moment, there’s quite a lot of evidence to suggest that red light therapy has the following benefits:
– promotes wound healing and tissue repair
– improves hair growth in people with androgenic alopecia
– help for the short-term treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
– stimulates healing of slow-healing wounds, like diabetic foot ulcers
– aids with short-term relief of pain and morning stiffness in people with rheumatoid arthritis
– reduces some of the side effects of cancer treatments, including oral mucositis
– improves skin complexion and builds collagen to diminish wrinkles
– helps to mend sun damage
– prevents recurring cold sores from herpes simplex virus infections
– improves the health of joints in people with degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee
– helps diminish scars, including acne scars
– relieves pain and inflammation in people with pain in the Achilles tendons and tennis elbow
How safe is red light therapy?
Red light therapy is considered perfectly safe and painless, there are no known side-effects.
There is however a potential risk of damage to the eyes. Although safer on the eyes than traditional lasers, proper eye protection should always be used while undergoing red light therapy, especially when exposing the face at close range. Conciderations to consider are the wavelengths used. See below.
OUR EMR DEVICE: Spectrum(Wavelengths): (630nm-25%(orange-red)+670nm-25%(red)+830/850nm-50%(near-infrared)
“A 2017 study by researchers from the UK found that visible red wavelengths — including 610, 630, 650, and 670 nm red light — can absorb into the skin to a maximum depth of between 4 and 5 mm. Another finding was that NIR light (810, 830, and 850 nm) can absorb into the tissue to a maximum depth somewhat greater than 5 mm, or a little over 2 inches. This absorption depth extends to the bone, muscle, blood vessels, organs, abdominal fat, lymph nodes, and other tissue and fluids well beneath the skin.”
The 630nm Wavelength (Red Light)
The 630nm wavelength is ideal for targeting all manner of skin concerns. 630nm wavelengths penetrate into the skin cells and sebaceous glands to rejuvenate the skin’s tone and texture by smoothing and evening out uneven pigmentation. This wavelength has also been found to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and can also stimulate hair regrowth. How red light therapy restores hair. Learn more
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles.
- An improvement in skin disorders such as eczema.
- Hair regrowth.
- Healing of superficial skin cancers.
- The treatment of acne.
The 670nm Wavelength (Red Light)
There is an abundance of literature outlining the benefits offered by the 670nm wavelength. Penetrating just a little deeper than the 630nm wavelength, the 670nm reaches into the entire range of the skin tissue to promote healing and regeneration especially eye health.
Some of its diverse benefits include:
- Reduced training fatigue.
- Reduced inflammation.
- Improve mitochondrial performance.
- Improve eye health.
- Improved colour vision.
The 830nm Wavelength (Near-infrared Light)
The 830nm wavelength is not as readily absorbed by the body, therefore it is able to penetrate deeper through skin and tissue and into the bone. A greater quantity of photons are delivered into the tissue with the 830nm wavelength. Some 830nm advantages:
- Accelerated healing and reduced infection.
- Improved aesthetic outcomes following plastic surgery.
- Increased “feel-good” endorphins.
- Improved bone repair and growth.
- Faster return-to-play after injury.
The 850nm Wavelength (Near-infrared Light)
In many cases, the 850nm amplifies the benefits provided by the 810nm and 830nm wavelengths. This wavelength has a range of therapeutic applications such as:
- Anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Enhanced muscle recovery.
- Healing of wounds in the skin.
- Reduction of lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation.
- Orthodontics and tooth alignment.
Sourced Information & Findings:
EMR Red Light – Supplier Claim/Waiver
The information and products provided on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease our products should not be misconstrued as medical devices. We make no therapeutic claims. Our products are low-risk, general wellness / fitness products that do not require FDA clearance, in accordance with the “General Wellness: Policy on Low Risk Devices” draft released January 20, 2015. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service or product will be successful, accurate or reliable.
Be sure to consult your doctor before starting red light therapy, especially if you are treating any chronic conditions, your eyes, or other very sensitive parts of the body.