Pilates, Yoga & Sports
Keep your Junior and Senior players free of injuries and enhance the team’s overall performance with yoga and Pilates!
We run classes for local sporting clubs and we’d love to introduce your players to the myriad benefits of yoga and Pilates for Soccer & Football Players:
• Increased strength – yoga and Pilates give under-used muscles a workout, restoring muscular balance and reducing fatigue
• Fewer injuries – by stretching tight quads, calves and hamstrings, players are less likely to suffer from torn muscles and cramps
• A healthy back – by developing core strength and stability, players can improve their posture and play with more ease
• Greater flexibility – a few millimetres can be a game changer when it comes to reaching for the ball; with longer muscles and open hips, your players won’t miss a pass
• Greater lung capacity – by practising yogic breathing techniques, soccer and football players can take in more oxygen and maintain an even breathing pattern, resulting in greater endurance
• Less stress – whether it’s a big match, an injury or something entirely unrelated to soccer that’s stressing out or distracting your players, peace and relaxation are only a yoga or Pilates class away…
• Razor-sharp focus – using breathing and meditation techniques, players can match their physical prowess with mental clarity and heightened concentration
Imagine that – fewer injuries, more stamina and greater focus for that all-important game… With the additional bonus of being able to motor on through day-to-day life with greater ease, too!
Of course, as with most things, yoga and Pilates can’t be taught overnight. Although most people notice an impact after just one class, it takes a little more time before the full effects can be felt – and that’s why we recommend a seasonal program tailored to suit the needs of soccer and football players in particular.
Over a course of classes, they’ll be taught how to: safely stretch and strengthen muscles; breathe more efficiently and increase lung capacity; and bring about a state of peace and clarity.
We know your time and theirs is precious, however, so we offer a complementary, no obligation class. That way, you can be sure you’re making a wise investment in your players.
Or, if you’re too short on time, please contact us to discuss how we can work together to help your players avoid injuries and play better, for longer.
We look forward to meeting you and your team soon!